What Brings you to Christ


Few years ago, we were sitting on Marina beach (Chennai), where many sellers were approaching us selling Sundal (boiled lintels), pop corns etc. There were toy items which attract the kids and these hockers will not leave the place, until the kids pester the parents to buy. Many hockers’ sales are done to get rid of them.

Among them there was a woman wearing white sari came with a tract, keep saying, "if you want a job, if you want a house - come to Jesus........if you want a job, if you want a house - come to Jesus....."
It surprised me, are they selling Jesus? When I enquired out of curiosity the women persistently assuring me that if you want a house come to Jesus. No mentioning of the love of Jesus, Sacrifice of Him and His longing for us to have fellowship with Him..... I knew people can only sell what they have with them!
I also came to know another person, who was in love with a girl who was a committed Christian a good-looking one. He proposed to her. The girl replied "I am a Christian and Christ means everything and it is not possible to marry a non-believer". Then the instant answer is, "then I will become a Christian!” I had to laugh.
Has Christ become so cheap? He gave everything free but we cannot to take Him for granted and we cannot barter with him. Then I started to ask several questions to determine the types of Christians we have irrespective of our denominations!

Reason why we accepted Christ
Reason why we pray
Reason why we read bible
Reason why we go to church
Reason why we attend fellowship

Some accept Christ for forgiveness of Sin
Some accept to escape from Hell
Some accept to get a job
Some accept to get wealthy
Some accept to get married

Knowing Jesus is good
Knowing His will be better
Knowing what He wants to do through us is even better

There will be great regrets in Heaven; the worst thing is that, how much I have failed to know Him better when I lived on Earth.
When the saints will go marching by (Rev14:1), our hearts will ponder to be among the number. There we will sit and regret for losing a chance to be ruling with Jesus.
The attitude of getting to know Jesus is important. Someone once said I come to Jesus as I am; not expecting anything from Him, Just to be drenched in the Love of Christ!
Conditional acceptance is like walking on the thin iceberg, once your dependability breaks you sink. This is the reason many falls away or backslides.
Above reasons are like the seed. The seed you sow will grow in you.

No comments: